Today’s plastics (Polypropylene) have revolutionised the design of auto body interior and exteriors from water tanks to full vehicle body’s, the lightweight plastic gives our conversions better petrol consumption, and allows our designers and engineers the freedom to create innovative concepts that wouldn’t be possible otherwise. Traditionally aluminium was synonymous with exterior design and manufacturing. However the materials previously used prior to polypropylene are susceptible to dents, stone chips and corrosion. They are also heavier and more expensive than plastic. Choosing plastics for auto body parts allows manufacturers to adopt modular assembly practices, lower production costs, improve energy management, achieve better dent resistance.
New processes enable manufacturers to reuse scrap plastic and recycle used plastic cost-effectively. Also, plastic components weigh approximately 50 per cent less than their steel counterparts. This enables our vehicle conversions to be substantially lighter while retaining strength and contributes to an overall lighter vehicle and, therefore, fewer emissions and improved gas mileage.
A body fabricated in polypropylene offers the following advantages over traditional body building methods:
- Produces a lighter body than traditional construction techniques and materials
- Fuel saving as a result of the lighter materials
- Payload of vehicle often increased due to design and lighter material
- Requires zero maintenance
- Has a long operational life re-mountable body for a 2nd or 3rd time or maybe more
- A proven technology with thousands of vehicle bodies manufactured worldwide Excellent impact resistance and flexibility absorbs impact energy locally rather than propagating stress
- 100% recyclable at end of life
- Excellent chemical resistance
- Easily cleaned and disinfected
- Completely leak proof
- Can be painted using industry standard paints after preparing with a chemical surface primer
- Neither rusts, corrodes, cracks, chips or peels
- Electrical insulating properties
- Built in features such as water tanks etc
- Good sound insulation.Very durable and will not dent
Our goal is to provide customers with high quality bespoke polypropylene plastic bodies and structures for specialist applications such as bespoke and emergency service vehicles at competitive prices.
We are set up to offer everything you require from building specialist one off’s to multiple orders and our aim to deliver products of high quality, on time and at the right price.
Vehicle Conversions Specialist
Pickup Systems LTD have a modern production line with:
- CNC router to cut the polypropylene bodies to the required design
- Plastic welding with continuous manufacturing
- Painting facility for all vehicle types
- Pump and pipe work design and build facility
- Electrical design to build facility
- Final build to completion
Contact us today for a quote email@example.com